Quick update post! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by another new blogger, GreenMind/VegHeart at https://greenmindvegheart.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/liebster-award/ and I’m quite flattered! Thank you!!
That said, I might bend the rules I was given a little bit, because I am terrible at following directions! I want to pass the fun along, but am just as interested about my readers as other bloggers- so I’ll nominate backwards… if I have any readers that would like to join the fun, answer my questions and/or give 10 facts about yourself in the comments below! (fyi, it may take a little while for comments to go up, but I try to be fast on approvals!)
The questions I was asked by GreenMind/VegHeart:
- What’s your best dish?
This is a really hard question! Best as in “the one I make to show off”? Because that’s enchiladas… but best as in, “the one I make and feel the happiest”? That would have to be Dragon Noodles! (I’ll get recipes for these out eventually!)
- Where’s a place you’d like to visit?
There aren’t many places that wouldn’t make this list, but most immediately, I’d like to do a lecturing tour at Hogwarts!
- Who’s your favorite fictional character?
My traveling companion (read: Skyrim character) Sparkles the Destruction Mage
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- If money were no object, what would you be doing right now?
Wandering in the woods, trying to learn to talk to trees!
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Watching an older mage mistakenly cast a fireball in a small room- nothing was damaged except the poor fellow’s eyebrows, but it was freeing to see that even older, more powerful mages messed up, too!!
- Autumn or spring?
- What is your spirit animal?
Not sure I have a spirit animal, but the last time I summoned a patronus, it was a fox!
- Favorite outdoor activity?
Mischief! Or, alternately, running backwards away from Frost Trolls…
- What do you think is the greatest challenge the next generation will face?
Necromancy. The threat is real, folks.
10 Facts about the ArchMage
- I like grocery shopping, and even enjoy wandering grocery stores I’ve not been to, just to look around.
- I used to search for “how to hide vegetables in your kid’s food”, then use the best ideas in food I made for myself… I’ve come a long way…
- I like talking to people about what they find hard or discouraging about cooking, and trying to find simpler, more straightforward recipes to make cooking more fun for them!
- My left foot is a full half size bigger than my right foot.
- I REALLY like pointy hats.
- The spell I most wish I was better at is “Resist Netflix”
- The hardest part about writing this food blog is remembering to measure ingredients before adding them.
- I used to only be able to handle the juice (not the chunks) in mild salsa, and have learned to handle more spice, such that now I add hot sauce and red pepper flakes to food ON PURPOSE!
- I occasionally make certain dishes so that I can have an excuse to cover them in ketchup… sloppy joes, roasted potatoes, chili, there are many others….
- I can talk about food, cooking, and recipes all day- and do, sometimes… 😀
My questions for you:
- What is your favorite thing about cooking?
- What is the biggest challenge you face in the kitchen?
- Favorite spell to cast?
- What species is your familiar?
- What is your preference: wand, staff, other?
- Favorite mode of transportation?
- What book have you read the most recently?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What thing, if spotted at a farmer’s market, can you not stop yourself from bringing home?
- What fruit or vegetable, despite your best efforts, can you not stand?
I hope other bloggers keep up their good work, and we’ll all keep making magic! Have a happy weekend!